TrustArc Successful Practices
TrustArc's privacy expertise runs deep, the result of two decades of leadership and innovation in an industry we helped create. It’s expertise you can count on.
TrustArc work with thousands of organisations across all industries and phases of privacy maturity defines privacy compliance and risk management best practices.
TrustArc's SaaS platform was purpose built to manage privacy and provides a comprehensive solution that has successfully operated at high scale for over five years.
Protect Your Brand
More than 1,000 clients worldwide rely on TrustArc to help demonstrate compliance, minimize risk and protect their brand.
TrustArc Data Privacy Management Platform
TrustArc Ads Compliance Manager
A comprehensive technology solution that overcomes the challenges of addressing consumer privacy opt-outs across any platform, device, real-time bidding (RTB) technology, or cookie/non-cookie environment. Whether you are an advertiser/ad network running Online Behavioral Advertising (OBA) ads, or a publisher allowing data collection for OBA purposes on your website, Ads Compliance Manager is your one-stop solution.
- Online Reporting. Reporting includes the number of impressions, AdChoices clicks, click-through Rates, and opt-out selections.
- Browser Language Settings Detection. Cutting edge technology makes creating a secure, centralized inventory fast and sustainable.
- Technology Infrastructure. TrustArc's simple, scalable and flexible solutions sit on top of solid infrastructure that serves billions of impressions each month.
- Tag Generator. With a few simple clicks you can create new tags or make changes to existing ones.
- EDAA Privacy Verification. TrustArc is also an authorized EDAA Trust Seal Certification provider. For more information, visit EDAA Certification.
TrustArc Assessment Manager
Conducting compliance and risk assessments is an established best practice for privacy and data protection. Moreover, if you are subject to the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), conducting PIAs (or DPIAs) is also a requirement. In order to manage the growing volume of privacy assessments and ongoing reporting requirements, you need a solution to automate and operationalize your processes.
- Privacy Dashboard. Monitor the status of privacy projects and activities at a glance, or drill down to get more information.
- Intelligent Privacy Templates. Perform assessments of common use cases with our pre-loaded templates. Or create new or custom templates to assess your unique use case. Whichever you choose, conditional logic and controls help ensure the right questions are asked from the start.
- Privacy Assessment Survey Engine. Create, execute and review privacy surveys with an intuitive user interface and easy point and click controls.
- Privacy Compliance Review and Gap Analysis. Streamline the review process and highlight gaps requiring attention. Advanced machine intelligence is built into our templates, making them easy-to-use and time efficient.
- Privacy Workflow Management. Accelerate the identification and organization of privacy resources from across your enterprise with advanced workflow and process automation.
- SaaS Architecture. Assessment Manager is easy to implement and manage without support from IT. Our cloud-based architecture also means it’s easy to add people, make changes on the fly and receive real time product updates.
- Platform Integration Options.
TrustArc Cookie Consent Manager
Website cookies are often necessary for the proper functioning of a business website, for analytics or for functional delivery of first-party or third-party advertising. Any cookie that is capable of identifying an EU resident, or treating them as unique without explicitly identifying them, means that the website is processing GDPR “personal data”. The GDPR mandates that companies collecting personal data from EU residents do so in accordance with strict notice and consent requirements.
- Reverse IP Lookup. Identify the country of each site visitor, allowing you to match the delivery of the consent notice to the specific regulatory requirements for the requesting party.
- GDPR Compliance Reports. Provides a demonstrable audit trail and report of having captured a data subject's consent, together with required time of consent and other metadata in compliance with GDPR Article 7(1), should a regulatory authority or a user require proof.
- Integration with Tag Management Systems. Integrate with tag management systems by Adobe, Tealium, Signal, Ensighten, Google and others to support the strictest level of consent — a "zero-cookie load". This means that you will be able to suspend cookies and other personal data processing actions from loading onto your site prior to obtaining the data subject's consent.
- Visual Customization and Branding. Your consent mechanism can be custom tailored to align with your corporate branding. Select colors, fonts, and logos to maintain your site’s look and feel.
- Dynamic Browser Language Detection. TrustArc offers dynamic language detection, which means one tag detects the correct browser language and displays the appropriate language for the user for the best user experience. Clients can support multiple languages through a single tag deployment rather than deploying one tag per language.
- TrustArc Direct Marketing Consent Manager. TrustArc also offers a solution to support compliance with GDPR consent requirements for activities such as promoting products and services, surveys, newsletter subscriptions and other marketing activities directed at data subjects.
TrustArc Data Flow Manager
For most businesses, managing the data flows for hundreds of websites, systems and vendors, along with dozens of data types is complex. Managing privacy and compliance risk is nearly impossible without powerful, proven technology, to operationalize mapping all your customer and employee data flows, plus analyzing them for risk and compliance.
- Easy to Use. Expert developed process will walk you through the information necessary to generate comprehensive compliance reports.
- Data Inventory Creation. Creating a secure, centralized, evergreen data inventory has never been more straightforward.
- Visual Data Mapping. Turn complicated business flows into visual maps using a drag and drop canvas.
- Reporting & Mapping. Create GDPR Article 30 reports.
TrustArc Direct Marketing Consent Manager
TrustArc Direct Marketing Consent Manager is designed to help organizations to comply with GDPR consent requirements for activities such as promoting products and services, surveys, newsletter subscriptions and other marketing activities directed at data subjects.
- Integrated with User Touchpoints. The solution can be embedded across corporate digital properties, such as websites, SMS and email databases (and other databases), using connectors which are specifically designed for GDPR consent processes.
- Customizable. The solution is designed for direct marketing of products and services in compliance with the GDPR, but can be customized to meet your specific needs and goals.
- Comprehensive Audit Trail. Data that are collected include anonymized ID, form of consent notice, scope of consent or non-consent, consent version, date of consent and end date of consent, withdrawal of consent, business unit obtaining consent and other configurable metadata.
- Centralized Database. You and your approved vendors can query the TrustArc-hosted consent database in order to honor the latest consent status, to manage regulatory and user inquiries, and demonstrate GDPR consent compliance on demand. The database is searchable by marketing activity involved, by date, by business unit and by geography, among other search criteria.
- Compliance Reports . Your consent mechanism can be custom tailored to align with your corporate branding. Select colors, fonts, and logos to maintain your site’s look and feel.
- Dynamic Browser Language Detection. The solution facilitates the production of reports detailing and confirming that all required consents have been captured, that they were freely given, specific, informed and unambiguous, should a regulator or user inquire or if they are needed in connection with litigation.
- Cookie Consent Manager. TrustArc also offers a solution to support cookie consent management in compliance with the GDPR and other applicable privacy mandates.
TrustArc Privacy Dispute Resolution
The dispute resolution service helps efficiently manage privacy inquiries from consumers and addresses dispute handling compliance requirements. This service will also provide the following benefits: consumer confidence that you are committed to privacy; mitigate unintentional privacy violations that may accompany web page updates or new initiatives; receive a trusted advisor in determining the best way to turn unhappy customers into happy customers.
- Streamlined Dispute Handling. Users submit feedback online and a combination of automated workflow and the TRUSTe compliance team reviews and resolves complaints.
- TRUSTe Privacy Feedback Button. We provide consumers, business partners and regulators a fast and easy way to submit questions or provide you with feedback.
TrustArc Individual Rights Manager
Addressing these rights will require knowing what data has been collected, determining which individual rights are being exercised and whether exceptions apply, and having a solution in place to respond to requests. Individual Rights Manager addresses GDPR Articles 15-23 on “Individual Rights” for the following items: Right of access; Right to rectification or erasure; Right to restrict or object processing; Right to data portability. This 3-in-1 solution helps companies address data subject access rights and individual rights requests by providing proven technology, expert consultants, and specialized content.
- Proven Technology. TrustArc Individual Rights Manager solution uses proven methodology leveraging our 20 year history as one of world’s largest providers of consumer privacy dispute resolution services. That methodology was used to design an easy to install, customizable solution that enables customers to submit requests easily and your company to efficiently manage, review, and follow-up.
- Expert Consultants can Help you Understand Business Process Flows. Our privacy experts can help develop your individual rights program process based upon analyzing your business process flows. Using a customized program will help make your process streamlined and sustainable.
- Specialized Content. Integrated with TrustArc Assessment Manager, the comprehensive set of regulatory assessment templates will help your company understand which individual rights apply to your processing. Assessment Manager will help streamline the validation, assessment, and response process for individuals’ requests.
TrustArc Website Monitoring Manager
Using cookies and other tracking technologies enables you to provide an enhanced user experience on your website. But these technologies can also introduce privacy risks, leading to compliance problems along with challenges keeping track of dozens or hundreds of third parties who have access to your site. You need a technology tool to identify, analyze, and manage trackers on an ongoing basis across all of your web properties.
- Deep Privacy Scans. Our crawling technology can automatically navigate your site – encompassing up to thousands of pages – to identify tracking activity.
- Cookie Consent Integration. Seamless integration with our Cookie Consent Management solution provides automated updates.
- Tracker Categorizing. Trackers are automatically grouped by industry and type so that you can quickly drill down on a type and investigate further.
- Privacy Sensitivity Index (PSI). Third parties are matched in a database of thousands of known trackers, each scored with our proprietary risk Index. High, Medium and Low grouping helps you prioritize how you follow up.
- Detailed Tracker Summary. You’ll get a detailed list of trackers found on your site, along with type and frequency of tracking technologies they’ve used.
- Daisy Chain Analysis. For every tracker found we will also provide a history of all website calls that ultimately brought them to your site.
- Tracker Metadata. For each third party tracker found, TrustArc Website Monitoring will give insightful company information to help you determine the right course of action.
- Data Collection Details. TrustArc Website Monitoring also looks at pages that collect specific forms of PII, checks for encryption, and validates links to privacy policies.
- Site Performance Metrics. For each tracker found you can also find out how they may be slowing down your site and perhaps negatively impacting the user experience.
- Exporting & Archiving. With a single click you can generate an Excel report that can be shared with others or saved in your results archive.